AD/HD Coaching for College Students
The one word that college students with AD/HD most often use with us to describe how they feel is “overwhelmed.” As AD/HD coaches, we are not surprised. We know that the feeling of not knowing where to start – or what to do next – can paralyze even the most capable college student, regardless if the student has AD/HD or not.
Other AD/HD Coaching
We also coach older teens, young adults, adults in the workplace, entrepreneurs, and other adults with AD/HD. Though coaching college students with AD/HD has been our primary AD/HD coaching service since 2008, we have adapted our coaching programs for older teens and adults with AD/HD who want to work with a coach who understands their unique executive functioning challenges and how to help them meet their goals.
Have you ever heard someone say, “He (or she) is a born leader?” Or have you ever thought to yourself, “What were they thinking?” when someone got hired or promoted to lead your team or department?
As a company with over 30 years of training and coaching leaders, we have a few thoughts on such matters! Regarding “born leaders,” personality experts estimate that the typical person’s personality is approximately 60% genetic, while the other 40% of our personality comes from the environment. Even as adults, we can still be influenced by our environment.More about leadership coaching
Have you ever worked with a boss or a co-worker who came across as intimidating? Have you ever worked under a leader who avoids conflict like the plague? We sure have! And we’ve coached more than a few of each of these leader types.
And guess what? We have had the most success coaching the “intimidating” people! We have discovered that it is easier to help those who are willing to put conflict on the table than it is to get people to stop avoiding conflict until it gets much worse!More about conflict coaching